
Out Of The Darkness
In thy light I long to be
Darkness to loose its grip on me
Today I stumble on things unseen
The future is hidden and things between
I’ve seen the light – I know its there
Somehow I’ve lost it – I know not where
I remember how certain things then did appear
There was no doubt, no pain, no fear
As I continue on this path unknown
The light becomes dim and the darkness has grown
Yet what causes that shadow ahead of me
Is it that of a tall and towering tree
I turn and I look and guess what I see
The shadow is caused by the light still upon me
The light has not vanished
But by the source is still lavished
I find as I turn and toward the light do I walk
No longer does the darkness beckon or stalk
Into the light I fully proceed
Until I’m surrounded – surrounded indeed
The light has two sources – but yet only one
The source from a cross and the source from God’s Son
Now may I walk the rest of my days
In the light of God’s light and singing His Praise!
In thy light I long to be
Darkness to loose its grip on me
Today I stumble on things unseen
The future is hidden and things between
I’ve seen the light – I know its there
Somehow I’ve lost it – I know not where
I remember how certain things then did appear
There was no doubt, no pain, no fear
As I continue on this path unknown
The light becomes dim and the darkness has grown
Yet what causes that shadow ahead of me
Is it that of a tall and towering tree
I turn and I look and guess what I see
The shadow is caused by the light still upon me
The light has not vanished
But by the source is still lavished
I find as I turn and toward the light do I walk
No longer does the darkness beckon or stalk
Into the light I fully proceed
Until I’m surrounded – surrounded indeed
The light has two sources – but yet only one
The source from a cross and the source from God’s Son
Now may I walk the rest of my days
In the light of God’s light and singing His Praise!
No comments:
Post a Comment